Saturday, June 6, 2009

You say it's your birthday...

it's my birthday too! :) I am banished to the boys room for a bit while my daughter whips me up something special in the kitchen. Can't wait! She is so thoughtful and such a "mother" it just makes me smile.
Carpet layers are busy laying carpet upstairs for my birthday too. Not really for my birthday but it's a nice thought. The kids' anticipation is building, trust me. I promise to post SOON with pictures of the house.
I have been cleaning, throwing, returning, painting and more this first week out of school and today we went to a fishing clinic, so this afternoon, I am just going to bum around. Going to work was a lot easier than summer vacation!
Here are some pics of some canvases I did... and of course some pics of the first real swim of the year, courtesy of Tyler, mine won't be until the water is a wee bit warmer!
Tyler, my cannonball champion, and look at the smile!


this one is going the wrong way but I love the quote:
"Every once in an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale."


(pieces of fabric and a felt heart ...)


"keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows" - Helen Keller



Happy Saturday everyone! -K
(if your name happens to start with an "N" and end with a "K" a big I love you and lots of hugs and kisses from all of us ;) - we miss you!)

1 comment:

Tanis said...

BEAUTIFUL work....
and a BIG

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!

Hope your day is FABULOUS!!!