Sunday, September 28, 2008

books

I just have to admit that I am a book junkie. Once my head gets stuck in one it isn't coming out until I am all done. It does terrible things to my mothering abilities, my housework, my time for creative play, etc... not to mention my husband thinks it is nuts, doesn't get it, and wishes I would come up for air and help him out once in a while. I can't help it though, I keep saying one more chapter, and 4 chapters late I think, well, I am almost half-way I might as well keep going. Then I think, well, half-way I might as well read it all. Supper? um... leftovers? oh, yeah, we had those for lunch... um... how about a pizza?
One of my favorite authors is Karen Kingsbury. She is truly gifted and uses her gift from God to bring Him glory. Her books are tear jerkers but speak so much Truth in them. I have favorite lines from all of her books. Trust me, try out one of her books, you won't regret it. I finished the last one of a series yesterday. (to tell, you the truth, I also started it yesterday :) ). Anyway, she had a line in there that stuck with me... "all of this and Heaven too." Doesn't that just speak volumes? I look around and see all that we have, all that I have. So much, so so so much and just think, at the end of all of this, Heaven is waiting for me. I think I often forget, or just don't give thought to, that my life here is short. Sure, I should enjoy all of the blessings I have and live each day to the fullest but don't you think my main purpose is to make sure that others will know they can have "all this and Heaven too?"
- K

No comments: