Monday, December 15, 2008

snow day!

Lovin' winter! Our first snow day today of this school year... however, now that I work at the school I also know that we will more than likely have to make it up and it will come from one of our few "normally" scheduled days off. BUT - I will enjoy it today! Hot chocolate, movies, and oh yeah! - some scrapping/crafting time. (don't worry, I am not neglecting my daily chores, I am doing laundry - the kids, well, there are those leftovers to tide them over :) )

Here are a couple of items I worked on yesterday...
(products used: BG paper, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Unity stamps - Baby Jesus and the journaling tab on the scrapbook page)
I have been working on, or at least getting ready to, some Christmas presents and I came across this story our Pastor read a while ago at church. It is called, "My heart, Christ's Home." It is awesome, it talks about a man inviting Jesus into his heart and how he brings Jesus throughout his "home" which includes the library (our mind), the dining room (our appetites and desires), and so on... (If you want a copy of it, email me and I will send it to you).
My favorite part, or a part that resonates hugely with me is when they go to the man's workroom. Jesus looks at what the man has created with all his tools and the man admit's he hasn't done much but he would like to do more. He then goes on to say he doens't have the strength of skill to do better. (here comes my favorite part...:) )
"Would you like to do better?" He (Jesus) asked. "Certainly," I replied. "All right. Let me have your hands. Now relax in me and let my Spirit work through you. I know that you are unskilled, clumsy and awkward, but the Holy Spirit is the Master Workman, and if He controls your hands and your heart, He will work through you." Stepping around behind me and putting His strong hands under mine, He held the tools in His skilled fingers and began to work through me. The more I relaxed and trusted Him, the more He was able to do with my life.
That to me is the perfect description of what I want every time I go to craft and create. No wonder I feel such a peace and satisfaction when I craft, my Lord, is there beside me, guiding me and helping me. I always knew this in my heart but I had a hard time explaining to my husband just how crafting makes me feel, this does it - most perfectly.
Have a most wonderful day! - K
Today's scripture:
John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

No comments: