Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shop 'til you drop

Yesterday was school shopping day. It was fun, my daughter, MIL and myself headed up to St Cloud and did some serious shopping. I always seem to get crabby after a while just b/c the money goes so fast and there isn't much to begin with - but hey, I did score some great deals and that is always a smile maker.

Today, however, I am tuckered out. It could be from shopping or the fact that my dh has been away since last Wednesday. Without having that extra hand and support a mother can get real tired, real fast. So today I am taking it easy. I checked out Splitcoaststamper's weekly challenges so I didn't need to put in the effort of figuring out "what" to do, just how to do it. Lazy, but it works. You need to pinch time where you can get it.

Without further ado, or psycho-babble from myself, here are my 2 creations:
The first challenge it the color challenge:
I don't have alot of SU colors so I improvise and find the closest match. This card was kind of a quickie, not too much detail but turned out somewhat cute... or so I think ;)
(It is really a close to cocoa and not greenish as it appears... Supplies: bazzil cardstock, Unity's August KOM and Tiny Trinity stamps, copics, prisma colored pencils, diamond glaze, walnut ink pad. TFL!)

The second challenge was a sketch challenge:


Again, I apologize for the side view, I need to work on that... but I spend enought time on the computer the way it is! (supplies: Circle cutter, Unity Believe stamp set, copics, souffle gel pens, Pink Paisley, KI memories paper and other stuff ;) TFL!)



have a great rest of the week after all it is "hump day" --K

No comments: